A blog made from the school trenches

lunes, 16 de enero de 2012

Find the mistakes

Hi there,
I feel like writing today. My own stuff. In order to make the reading more interesting and enriching, I've slipped eight mistakes in the text.
Ready?
Life is beautifull (beautiful) . It really is. However, we must try hard every day to remember this. In fact, most of the times we basically forget, because our work, our lifestyle, the hectic city life, our crazy habits...
We live under a lot of pressure. The clock, the computer, the TV, our boss, our car, our pet... We don't own things, things own as (us). Your car does not belong to you, you belong to your car. You must to (must nunca lleva to) keep it clean, insured, well parked, regularly serviced...
We are obsessed with money, but admit it, we have more that (than) we need. Much more, way too much. I would like living (would like to live) a simpler life, but the TV always reminds me all the things I need.
We worry too much. We think we can control everything, but this is not true. Doing mistakes (making mistakes) is part of the learning experience. Nothing is written, life is a book whith (with) empty pages that you have to fill.
I know that what I am saying it's (is, el sujeto ya es what I am saying...) easy to say when I have a job, a flat, a car... Many people in Spain are unemployed, in a much worse situation. Not to talk about the millions who live in other countrys (countries), living with less than a dollar a day... Shit, I wanted to be optimistic!!!
This makes me feel happy and optimistic:

I just couldn't help showing how proud I am of Robert!!!
Find the mistakes. I'll post the answers soon.
Quique

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Quique,
    First of all – congratulations on becoming a parent! I'm really happy for you!
    As to the task you've assigned to your readers – I'm neither your student nor a native speaker of English, so I am not capable of correcting your mistakes! However, I can tell you what I see as the biggest mistake in your post;) Unfortunately, it's the position of Robert's spine in the baby carrier you're having on you in the picture. I don't think it makes him happy and optimistic. Or maybe he is now, 'cause it's nice for a baby to be close to a parent but, I guess, he can feel the consequences of it in the future:( You can read more about it here:
    http://www.bobafamily.com/blog/2010/09/20/strollers-baby-carriers-and-infant-stress/
    and here:
    http://www.storchenwiege.com/babycarrierresearch.htm.
    Or you can just try hanging in such a position by yourself for a while...
    I hope you'll treat the advice as “a part of learning experience” and not as an attack on your parentings skills.
    I wish all the best for you and your family in the New Year!
    W from Wro

    ResponderEliminar