A blog made from the school trenches

jueves, 1 de diciembre de 2011

Education and optimism

Hi,
I was in class today with my 1st Bachillerato (great kids), and something has dawned upon me: I am always telling them how polluted and deforested the world is, how corruption penetrates every aspect of politics, how the media and big political parties infect our minds, and how multinational companies and banks are making us poorer and poorer. WHAT A DARK FUTURE AWAITS YOU, KIDS!

But then, I have realised that this is wrong! Of course, kids should be informed about this "Matrix-alike" life we lead, but, where's the room for OPTIMISM?? I think that teachers should be much more confident, and should transmit a better picture to our students. Come on,  if it weren't for all the opium that kids consume today (Internet, videogames, TV, fashion, botellones, etc.) they'd be committing suicide like lemmings!
So, from now on, I have decided to swim against the current, and every now and then look on the bright side of life. After all, they'll have plenty of time to discover the truth. Or change it.


8 comentarios:

  1. Waaaooo,, this text is very interesting :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. i think the same way, teachers have to be optimistic in the school with their students.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I also think we must talk about the good of the world, is very important to foster hop.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. The firs picture is very impressive, but i don´t understand second picture.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Congratulations. i like very much....

    ResponderEliminar
  6. It seems indeed there´s future in this amazing blog. I´m very happy to read you here, my little spaceman.

    Dice -A ver, nivel de inglés-
    -Google Translate avanzado-

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Technically, the glass is always full, but the people see it half empty or half full !!

    ResponderEliminar